Junior High Choir
Shana Lander, Manhattan-Anthony Middle School
Deadline for Entries
- Nominations must be entered online by Oct. 6, 2022.
- No entries will be accepted after the deadline.
- Students nominated for JH Choir may also audition for JH Band.
- If a student is accepted into the JH Band you may send an alternate.
- Please send me the entry information for the alternate ASAP.
- Only 7th and 8th grade students are eligible. JH Choir participants are selected by teacher recommendation.
- Nominations consist of balanced (equal number of sopranos, altos, and T/B; mark voicing as S, A, T, or B) 15% of your
choir members who are deserving of this honor. (It is impossible to have a balanced choir if we do not all abide by the guidelines.)
- Fill out the nomination form in the KMEA Members site when it is available.
- Please rank your students and include their year in school.
- Fill out all necessary information (Please note that we are asking for student height in inches. This will be used for assigned seating and riser order.)
- Nomination deadline is midnight Oct. 6, 2022 (Central Time). No entries will be accepted after the deadline.
NWKMEA Mini-Convention I
- $10 per student.
- Due at the Nov. 5, 2022 mini-convention.
- Purchase Orders will not be accepted.
- Make checks to: NWKMEA
- Fee doubles if not paid by Nov. 5, 2022.
- Nov. 5, 2022 @ Hays High School
- Rehearsals begin at 8:30 AM
- Concert is at 3:30 PM in Gym A
- $5.00 admission
- Rehearsal dress is casual/school clothes.
- Concert dress - we want the students to look nice for this special event.
No jeans, t-shirts, or flip-flops.
Students are to dress-up for the concert.
All of the following selections are 3-part mixed arrangements
Laudate Dominum, by Cristi Cari Miller
Throw Open Your Shutters, by Amy Bernon
Riversong, by Andy Beck
How Can I Keep From Singing, by Greg Gilpin
- Repertoire available from Senseney Music in Wichita.
- Each student must have their own music. NO PHOTOCOPIES.
- Teachers please help your students come well prepared so they can benefit most from the clinician.
- Please have the notes, music and rhythm learned when they arrive
- Please try to have as much music memorized as you can so that students will not need to use music in the performance.