Download Outstanding Music Educator Nomination Form
Each year, NWKMEA honors an outstanding music educator in three categories:
Elementary, Middle/Junior High School and High School. The outstanding junior high teacher
is honored at the mini-convention in November and the others at the mini-convention in
December. If you know of a qualified person, you should nominate them. Out of the three
award winners, one is chosen to represent NWKMEA for the state KMEA Outstanding Music
- Nomination submissions shall include the Nomination Form, a resume, a letter from the
nominee stating his/her philosophy of music education, and a digital photo of the nominated
teacher (high resolution preferred, minimum pixel size 150w x 200h).
- Qualifications for nominee are:
- Must have been in teaching for at least ten years.
- Must be a member of KMEA.
- Program must have shown improvement and/or consistency over the years.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, former students, and students may nominate a music
- District officers will review the nominations and select one teacher in each category as
District Outstanding Music Educator.
Nominations and required materials are due June 15.
Submit your information to:
Rawlins County Jr/Sr. High School
100 North 8th Street
Atwood, KS 67730